Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Silver and Blue...

Sometimes thoughtfulness comes in most unexpected of moments...
Forced by powercut and heat, last evening, I decided go sit on my roof and listen to music. Power failure implies no comp no ac and no TV, which seems to take the joblessness of my existence to new levels.
There I was greeted by the splendid sight of a near full moon on one side and lightening crossing the sky on the other. And a few stars scattered here and there. Its amazing how looking at the moon, thousands of recollections compressed in a nanosecond visit my brain, giving a weird gut feeling. A shining bright moon on a deep blue sky is like a regular template which has been used by so many of your memories.
I always take delight in observing the patterns made by clouds in moon’s vicinity, illuminated silver by its light. Nothing better than gazing at it and listening to music, in complete solitude. Well ok..at least during powercuts.
I closed my eyes after staring at it for a few minutes and it was like catching hold of some hopping portkey...Now I was in college on the road leading to the guest house, looking at the thousand stars twinkling above the dark outlines of trees....now behind the atish cafe...looking at the stretch of the river beyond the tennis court....Now on the same roof years back in time, gazing at the milky way and sharing my immature understanding of space with my bro......Now in the garden of a long forsaken house, just four years old and out in the dark for the first time without company ,fighting fear and admiring the sky at the same time.
Jerking out of my past, I thought about future.... about the events yet to come that will use this template. And there was a certain relief in knowing that wherever I end up living, some seemingly insignificant pleasures will never be out of reach.

5 comments:

executioner said...

nice thoughtful stuff. You sure as hell didnt lose the capability of being thoughtful. That reminds me that it has probably been MONTHS since I had a look at that template.

Pao said...

well..its worth looking at at least smtimes exec. :)
specially when u are tired of staring at ur comp, it makes for a nice change.

RaSh said...

Damn.. I hardly get a view from my roof.. Shit this is a crowded city :(

But yes I was doing a similar thing when I went to Mussoorie few days back.. staring at the valley and thinking about random things.. Its so amazing how u end up thinking about something completely unrelated to what you started with..

Anyway nice post! Time to look at the stars..

PD said...

pao....i miss staring at the sky sitting outside our hostel...man,i dont even think of going on my terrace,thanks to the killing heat,leave alone gazing for HOURS at the sky :(
life surely was simpler..we just love to complicate it now dont we??

pao said...

hey chepu..wassa? :)
yep, i miss the daily routine of stting in front of our hostel and looking at the stars or the planes emerging from behind the hills...
simple peasures of our college life :P