Saturday, June 14, 2008

Rain Rain ..go away

My dog and I exchange a gloomy look. Lazy as the two of us are, we still like our daily exercise of playing in the garden, chasing the frogs around. But its been raining incessantly for about a day now, forcing us to stay indoors and curse the unremitting downpour.
I have been cuddled in a chair since morning in my veranda, watching the rains, hoping for some kind of inspiration or rekindling some deep thoughtfulness. But in vain. I guess a year in an engineering college renders you incapable of something like that. It seems like a highly abnormal and futile exercise, unless the post ‘getting screwed’ pangs are still there (and I am talking about acads here...).

So, finally I give up and engross myself in the somewhat pitiful, somewhat fascinating life of Jane Eyre..a book I started few days back. Fifty pages later, a hint of sunlight makes me look up. Though the sky is somewhat less grey, its still raining hard. Most of the roads would be waterlogged by now, drains overflowing and streets all muddy and slippery. The dead brown moss covering boundary walls here and there will soon spring back to life and so will thousands of toads and snakes. The air too feels so damp and cold. I sometimes plain abhor the rains.

Even plain Jane’s tale seems dreary now and I am already sick of TV and my laptop.
Mom drops by to announce that I might skip taking a bath if I want to and that she’ll make pakodas for snacks.
Even raining clouds have a silver lining i guess...

3 comments:

executioner said...

youre supposed to reply in my shoutbox, not your own, blonde :P

Where do you get your books from? I'm reading "girls of riyadh", escapades of young cosmo saudi girls there... since i've lived there its fun thinking of what they do outside their black robes/veils.

executioner said...

abbe... i called you blonde cause you replied to my shout in your shoutbox in your own shoutbox.. obviously i dont mean it.

3 queries :
1) what link did i give you?
2) where do you get ur books from?
3) what statement of yours do you take back?

RaSh said...

I guess a year in an engineering college renders you incapable of something like that.
Really? I thought you start thinking too much about philosophy etc once you come to college.. Atleast thats wat happened to me.. Pehle mein bhi achha sa bachha tha :P

Oh n the clouds look cool!